I thought it would be fun to start a new weekly feature with our week in review. I assume some weeks will be more interesting than others! Feel free to let me know what you are enjoying and what you want to see more or less of.
Week in Review: Aug. 15-21
- Stayed up way past my bedtime to go to the Guns n’ Roses concert, making all my junior high dreams come true
- Joined the East Valley Moms Blog team for a presentation to East Valley Women about what we do, and managed to not totally bomb despite less than 5 hours sleep
- Attended the Say Hi Society blogger workshop event to beef up on the latest in social media and had a great time meeting and catching up with with other local bloggers
- Participated in an East Valley Moms Blog photo shoot with the girls where they went full diva, demanding snacks and asking to be photographed individually
- Told her teacher a whopper about mommy and daddy leaving her home to watch Peanut so we could go to the movies
- Came home from school with new (and crooked) bangs
- Fixed dinner for herself and her sister (cheese sandwiches and cucumbers)
- Learned to turn on the TV and find Disney Junior all by herself (twice, without permission)
- Asked if she could buy herself a new water bottle and, once in the store, decided to buy one for her sister, too, with her own money
- Dislocated her left elbow (aka, Nursemaid’s Elbow) at school – has previously done the same to her right elbow twice
- Poured water all over the floor, colored all over her arms and legs, ran into the parking lot, general mayhem
- For the first time, refused an outfit I picked out for her and demanded something different (and very specific)
- Discovered tutus, wants to wear one all the time, can put it on by herself
Favorite meals this week
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Quesadillas: I made the filling ahead of time, and then filled and cooked the quesadillas at dinner. The girls aren’t a fan (Pumpkin doesn’t like beans and Peanut won’t eat anything if her sister refuses it), but Mr. G and I love them. One night I ate just the filling topped with avocado and a fried egg.
- Make-ahead breakfasts: I made several recipes for my latest East Valley Moms Blog post so I could photograph them last weekend, so we had lots of yummy breakfasts all week, including muffins, overnight oats and egg quesadillas.
Pumpkin and Peanut arguing over who is prettiest. “You’re so pretty.” “No, you’re so pretty!” “No, you are!”