Remember last week when I said it would be a pretty average week? Yeah, not so much. I ended up being out Tuesday (dinner with friends), Wednesday (McTeacher night with Pumpkin), Thursday (exhibit preview with Peanut), Friday (impromptu dinner out when Mr. G got an unexpected break in work), and Saturday (a friend’s LuLaRoe open house). Phew! Sunday I declared I would not go anywhere, and it was a glorious day with the girls splashing in rain puddles and watching movies.
WEEK IN REVIEW: SEPT. 26-Oct. 2, 2016
It’s a Dogs Life
Peanut and I went to the member preview of the new “It’s a Dog’s Life” exhibit at the i.d.e.a. Museum on Thursday night and had a great time. There were a lot of different paintings of dogs on the walls, moving images of dogs projected on the walls, stuffed animal dogs of various sizes on leashes and an obstacle course to run them through, art stations, a reading nook (with dog pillows!), a dog house, and more. Peanut loved it, and thought it was hilarious when I crawled through the dog house chasing after her. Definitely worth a visit!
Yoga at the Farm
Pumpkin loves doing Cosmic Kids Yoga on YouTube, so I brought her with me to the East Valley Mom’s Blog Yoga at the Farm event at Agritopia on Saturday morning. She didn’t do the full yoga lesson, but she had a lot of fun – and so did I! There was a good turnout, a DJ, and it was great that it was cool enough to be doing yoga outside.
The Week in Wardrobe
Peanut has decided she does not wear dresses. At least … not as dresses. She will wear leggings. She will wear shorts. She will wear skirts. She will wear a dress with the top down around her waist as a skirt. She will not wear a dress as a dress. I put a dress on her Monday morning and she lost. her. mind. Pumpkin, on the other hand, was so excited about going to McTeacher night (seriously) she asked to change into a dress from her school uniform for the occasion. Also, I bought Pumpkin a pair of yoga pants for Saturday. She put them on and said, “Mom! These are soooooooo comfortable!” Haha, I don’t think she’s ever said that about an item of clothing before.
Favorite Meals this Week
We tried a lot of new pumpkin recipes this week!
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Chili: I thought this was really good. I couldn’t taste the pumpkin, really, but I did pick up the cumin flavor. Mr. G liked it, but prefers the family recipe I usually make.
- Pumpkin-Apple Harvest Muffins: Pumpkin and I made these for a quick breakfast throughout the week and she was so proud of herself that she asked to take one to her teacher. So cute!
- Pumpkin Pie French Toast: This was a great rainy Sunday breakfast. The girls always enjoy helping stir the batter, and they basically love anything with syrup on top (although Peanut did also ask for ketchup. I denied that request).
- Pumpkin Nice Cream: I made some nice cream and decided at the last minute to add pumpkin. Once the bananas were smooth (step 9), I mixed in about 1 part pumpkin puree to 2 parts nice cream and added pumpkin pie spice to taste (about 1.5 tsp to 2 cups nice cream). After re-freezing a couple hours, serve topped with pecans or mini chocolate chips, or all by itself! (Pumpkin told me it was the best ice cream she could have ever asked for, which is funny because she always orders chocolate.)
- Slow Cooker Corn and Potato Chowder: The flavor on this was really good, but it didn’t thicken up as I had expected. Still, a great fall option as the weather cools down.
- No-Bake Dog Treats: Saturday was Dash’s birthday, so we tried out a new treat recipe. I was feeling really unmotivated about this, but the girls were so excited to make something, so this four-ingredient, no-bake recipe was the perfect option, and the dogs are loving them.
Pretty sure I’ll be spending the bulk of my free time this week clipping and counting and sorting Box Tops. It’s a glamorous life I lead!